We all have thought, at least once in life, to do a fun and exciting job. However, these thoughts remained shut in our heads with a heavy lock of future prospects on them. We all deserve a job which makes sure that we wake up every morning with a smile and look forward to the work. A typical nine to five routine does not let us do so. It is a popular misconception that unusual jobs don’t pay well and cannot be converted into a career. Consequently, we get engrossed in the rut of earning a living through the work we don’t enjoy. To help you out here, the following are the top unusual jobs that pay surprisingly well and can be taken forward as a full-time career.
• Voice-over Artist: This career is perfect for people who like making funny, weird voices. If people enjoy listening to your melodious voice and ask you to give motivational speeches, you can get a job solely based on those attributes. You can start working as a voice-over artist and work in cartoons, advertisements, radios, films, television programmes, etc. You can get a payment of 25,000 to 50,000 for a film, 15,000 to 20,000 for a short film, documentaries or corporate films and 5,000 to 8,000 for TV programme episodes and advertisements.
• Ethical Hacker: If you have efficient hacking skills, there are a plethora of ways of using them. These skills can be proven much more than just having fun troubling your friends with your expertise. You can become a professional hacker and earn money through your knowledge of cracking codes. To become an ethical hacker, a Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science is required. Hacking as a career can make you earn up to 3 to 3.5 lakh per annum, approximately.
• Wine Taster: This counts to be a dream job for everyone! Working as a Wine Taster, you should be able to tell the distinct palettes of a wine, where it comes from, its history, whether it’s a ‘composed wine’ or a ‘wine of place’, and more. Monthly salary of the same can start from 10,000 and go up to 50,000 with some experience.
• Personal Shopper: This is a dream job for people who love fashion and consider it as a therapy. Although you don’t require a specific degree to become a Professional Shopper, it will be beneficial for you if you have a qualification in styling or fashion. The job requires you having knowledge about different body types, power dressing, how to hide negative attributes and emphasize the positive ones. You can easily make a living of up to 40,000 per month. However, the sky is the limit if you go into luxury shopping.
• Blogger: Blogging is a hobby of a lot of people, but it has a lot more potential than you think. No qualification is needed for professional blogging, quirky ideas, and flair with words. You just need to decide on what topic you want to start your blog on, understand your target audience, a definite idea about your research and what keywords to use. The top bloggers nowadays easily earn between 2 to 30 Lakh per month. As a fresher, you may start with 10,000 to 20,000 per month.
Thus, it’s time to get out of your typical nine to five jobs and give a chance to your life and to these unusual jobs!